Saturday, March 6, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

The new video for the song "This too shall pass" by Ok Go, is AMAZING! i'm in love with it.  i love this band because i truly think they make the most creative, interesting, and inspired music videos of anyone out there these days.  i just can't help but smile when i watch this.  It reminds me of that game "mouse trap" that i loved when i was a kid. i wonder how long this took to shoot, in order to get all of those contraptions to work perfectly? Enjoy!


Also, i've been having serious hair envy. i miss having long hair so badly, and of course my hair just WILL NOT grow fast enough.  Instead it is in that awkward stage when it is in between short and long, and has weird layers, and you just can't do anything with it.  i've been lusting over the long beautiful locks of the lovely lady from Hucklberry Vintage, not to mention this dress and several of her other wonderful vintage items.


Finally, i haven't been able to stop listening to the album "The Trials of Van Occupanther" by Midlake
it is a somewhat old album, having been released in 2006. They actually just released a new album "The Courage of Others" in february, which i also love. But for some reason i just can't stop listening to this one as of late. It is so beautiful and reminds me of springtime and being surrounded by nature.
Especially in love with this song:

That's all for now,

 Love. Love.

3 comments:

  1. Where are you from? I don't think I know. Yeah, I've never checked out Mocca on Maiden Lane. I guess I will now, but I'm broke, so I guess that won't happen for a while. I will enjoy San Francisco for you :)

    I miss long hair! My hair is in between short and medium length, so it's super duper awkward. Can't wait for my hair to grow past my shoulders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that video is wonderful
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you so much! Next time I go back, I'm gonna have to get a close up on that! Gonna need a super hardcore lens to capture some sick depth of field woo!!! Thanks for noticing! So you actually live in D.C. now? Aww, well San Francisco and Berkeley miss you! Will you visit soon?

    Oh I don't mean to be fussy and I'm thankful that you added me to your blogroll, but would you mind changing my blog name to the girl from hk, ldn & sf please? Thanks Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! If you like what you see please feel free to leave a comment and/or follow me.

xoxo,

Amanda B.