Monday, March 8, 2010

Lust-Worthy

I found this lust-worthy design over at Traditional Home, and i am completely and absolutely swooning over it.  Few things in this world make me happier than a well designed home, and this is some amazing design. I want to live inside of these pictures SO BADLY! 
absolutely in love with the adorable striped love seat, the moroccan style coffee tables, and the bright yellow lamp (it gives the room the perfect pop of color)!
i also love the black and white look of this old chair and dresser
this vanity is the perfect size and such an incredible shape, so simple and elegant. And the decorative mirror adds the perfect whimsical, girly, antique touch. So pretty!

The design of this apartment comes from a mother daughter duo based in New York.  The pictures are of the daughters (Lauren) first apartment that the pair designed together.  I find it totally impossible that anyone just out of college could have such an amazing and incredibly well decorated NY apartment as their "first nest", but needless to say i am extremely jealous! After reading this article, i went on to discover that these two ladies also have a blog, Good Bones, Great Pieces, where they talk about everything interior design. I am officially obsessed and so inspired to redecorate (but first i have to find a permanent place to call home).

 Check it out and get inspired too!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I am absolutely inspired by great interior design too. I love interior design. I love anything that's design. I can't wait to have a permanent home and then I will go all out and find the perfection furniture and decor for my home! Love! I love all the photos you posted :)

    Woo, come visit in the summer and we'll go to MOCCA :) Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh I love this! that lamp is amazing and I love the black and white too. I could see you living there. =) and in that case I'd be over all the time haha

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i looove it! i wish i could do that to my place. i wish i had a car and a big strong man to carry everything while i went to vintage stores and hunted!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! If you like what you see please feel free to leave a comment and/or follow me.

xoxo,

Amanda B.