Friday, March 12, 2010

Fashion Craving

Now that the sun is beginning to shine once again, the temperature is steadily rising, and spring is rapidly approaching, my bulky black and navy wool coats from winter are no longer necessary.  Thus, i have been developing a fashion craving for... a good khaki trench coat.  The trench is a fashion item that i have never owned in the past, but have always wanted to.  When i was younger i always felt that the trench was too sophisticated and "polished" look than i was after, but now that i am a "working girl," i think that a classic trench coat is an appropriate spring wardrobe staple. If i only had the monetary means to satiate this vicious fashion craving, i would be prancing cheerfully around town in my own fabulous trench.  It is definitely at the top of my "to buy when (and if ever) i have enough money to not feel guilty about shopping" list.  For now i will satisfy my desire by lusting over these wonderful examples.

Side note: Does anyone else ever share my slight tinge of jealousy towards the tall, thin, ridiculously good-looking, and fabulously dressed people who are photographed regularly on The Sartorialist?

happy spring everyone!  


4 comments:

  1. so jealous of them! do you have h&m near you? they have lots of trench or trench-inspired coats, and they're cute and cheap. all jackets were $15 off last time i went, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are such amazing pictures, lovely trench coats. I cant wait for the colder weather here so I can wear mine (:

    lovely blog!

    - Michelle
    http://lovely-bookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!! So inspiring! xx



    Aleisha- http://norockwithoutplastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you! I have one for sale on my etsy that I would definitely not sell if it weren't for the fact that it's a little tight on the shoulders - damn broad shoulders of mine!!! Otherwise, it fits great. It's so amazing too, the details of the buttons and it's a "Forecasters of Boston" which is true great vintage trench coat glory. And, you're right, it's so "adult" or whatever... but now that we are "working women" we can rock em. Yes. yes. and Yes.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! If you like what you see please feel free to leave a comment and/or follow me.

xoxo,

Amanda B.