Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Surviving the Snowpocalypse

In what has been hilariously titled as "the Snowpocalypse," Washington, DC and the surrounding areas have acquired 40 inches of snow since last friday.  Needless to say I have been stuck inside the house for six days straight...here is what has been keeping me sane:

Broccoli, mushroom, onion, and cheddar quiche.  Here it is half eaten, i couldn't resist :)

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

Vino!

Chocolate (courtesy of my wonderful mother's care package)

My mukluks keep my toes nice and warm!

Starting to make waves on my knitting, it's going to be a cozy cowl when I finish

Getting some reading done.  This book is a hilariously entertaining analysis on pop culture in postmodern America, that I've been meaning to read for years and am finally getting around to. I recommend it!

Old episodes of Anthony Bourdain No Reservations on netflix watch instantly.  I love the episode where he goes to brazil.  Seeing the sunshine, music and dancing, wonderful food, and wonderful people makes me smile and helps me forget about the blizzard going on outside.  Oh how I want to go to Brazil!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for following me !
    I like this poster! Its interesting.
    And I want to go Brazil toooo!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! If you like what you see please feel free to leave a comment and/or follow me.

xoxo,

Amanda B.